Indulge into these rich and decadent chocolate cupcakes when you want to go eggless and yet not miss out on the indulgence 🙂
I have a go-to chocolate cupcakes recipe on my blog already, but I do get requests for eggless baking and here’s a recipe that’s just perfect for that.
The recipe uses buttermilk + baking soda combination to get the rise and fluffy texture. Using oil instead of butter in the recipe makes it moist (read about my oil v/s butter war experiment to understand the science behind it).
What’s a cupcake without frosting? Pipe some ‘Chocolate Buttercream‘ or slather some ‘Nutella Buttercream‘ and take them many notches higher 🙂 (Of course there are other choices for frostings too, go experiment 🙂 )
This a one-bowl cupcakes recipe – fewer utensils to clean! I’ve worked on the proportions to get just about 6 cupcakes and I don’t waste any liquid gold that doesn’t fit my pan :). You can double the recipe for 12 cupcakes easily.
70g granulated white sugar
60g all-purpose flour
20g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup buttermilk (make your own – take 1/3 cup milk and add a tsp of vinegar or lemon juice and wait for 5 minutes)
1/4 cup oil (canola or sunflower)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160 deg C. Line a 6-muffin tray with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl, add oil, buttermilk and vanilla and whisk together.
2. Sift the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt) into the bowl and mix gently until the batter is smooth and no large lumps remain. Don’t overmix.
5. Fill in the cupcake liners up to 2/3rd full (use an ice cream scoop for even filling). Bake at 160C for 15-17 minutes till a skewer inserted comes out clean with couple moist crumbs at the most. Let them cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Decorate them with a frosting of choice. I piped them with Nutella buttercream frosting 🙂
Plz share recipe of eggless vanilla cup cakes.
Hi Arushi, I will work on an eggless vanilla cupcakes post for blog, but meanwhile you can check the eggless cake recipe and use it for cupcakes as well – https://noopurskitchen.com/2015/01/31/eggless-vanilla-sponge-cake/
Hi Noopur, Did you use homemade butter milk or store bought? if its store bought which brand did you use?
I made my own as I’ve mentioned in the recipe with milk and vinegar.
I have tried this recipe and they came out super moist and crack free on top
This recipe gives exactly 6 cupcakes how I wanted to make. Thank you so much for this amazing recipe ❤️
Yay! Thankyou for sharing your comments here 🙂