Fudgy white chocolate blondies swirled with strawberry jam – the perfect juicy jammy flavours in between bites of cookie-like goodness.
White chocolate and berries are such a wonderful combination – delicate sweet flavours of white chocolate in the blondies is perfectly balanced with the tartness of strawberries jam swirled in between. If you’re lucky and strawberries are in season, use them fresh, else even a strawberry jam works wonderfully well in this recipe. Replace it with berries of your choice!
Bite-sized blondies are perfect for when the craving for something sweet arises. Have you tried Brown Butter Blondies? They are a favorite on this blog. White Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies is another flavor combination that ranks high on my list!
This is a simple recipe with just a bowl and whisk – no need to bring out the ‘big guns’ electric mixers. This recipe for strawberry blondies gives 16 perfect bite-sized squares.
- 180 g white chocolate – chopped to little pieces
- 115 g Unsalted Butter – room temperature
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 5-6 strawberries
- 2 tsp Caster Sugar
- Puree the strawberries with sugar and sieve it into a bowl. Keep aside. Alternatively, you can use strawberry jam – whisk it gently to loosen it up.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Prepare an 8" square pan with parchment paper on the bottom and hanging out of sides for easy removal later. Use non-stick spray or butter the sides.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
- Over a double boiler, melt the butter and white chocolate together. Remove from heat. Let the mixture cool down slightly.
- Add the caster sugar and whisk together till well combined.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla and mix till well combined.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients into the bowl and gently fold in with a spatula until mixed well and no dry lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it across evenly with the help of a spoon or offset spatula.
- Add dollops of strawberry puree/jam on top of the batter and using a skewer, swirl it gently.
- Bake it at 180C for 25-28 minutes till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let the pan cool for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from the pan using the overhang and let it cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
- The blondies stay good at room temperature or in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. These also freeze well for up to 2 months.