Peanut Butter Bread – sounds delicious, doesn’t it? It’s a moist, little dense, yet delicious bread. You only need some jelly to slather on a slice of this bread and you have a PBJ ready to go! This can easily be a breakfast staple for sure.
This is a quick bread recipe with the texture similar to a banana bread. The bread uses peanut butter as the primary source of fat along with sour cream. Sour cream provides the best of both worlds – acidity and fat. This results in a richer and moist bread. Brown sugar adds more flavour and moisture. All-in-all a good wholesome bread!
You can also add some complexity to the flavours of this peanut butter bread by adding some chocolate chips (like I did on top, you can mix in the batter too), because who doesn’t like the combo of peanut butter and chocolate!
This recipe makes a standard 9″x5″ loaf.
Peanut Butter Bread
- 260 g creamy peanut butter
- 70 g caster sugar
- 70 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 180 g milk at room temperature
- 120 g sour cream at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g mini chocolate chips optional
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Prepare a standard 9″x5″ loaf pan with parchment paper that slightly hangs outside for easy removal later.
- In a large bowl, beat together peanut butter, caster sugar and brown sugar for 3-4 minutes using a hand mixer or a whisk.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Add the milk, sour cream and vanilla and mix.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and fold in gently till no lumps remain. Do not overmix. If using choco chips, add them now and fold in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake it for 45-50 minutes till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes inside the pan before removing it and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Beth Baumgartner (Instagram)