Brownies. Cheesecake. Nutella. Three of my favorites get combined into one decadent dessert! Nutella Cheesecake Brownies are a treat that’ll definitely bring you joy.
The base of these Nutella cheesecake brownies is my most popular recipe on the blog – the double chocolate eggless brownies. Of course the base can be any brownies of your choice, but I would recommend this fudgy dense indulgent brownies over everything else since it balances the sweet tangy cream cheese layer. The swirls of Nutella at top just makes everything better! The egg-based recipe for chewy brownies (another favorite) can be a great substitute for the base too, they are perfectly gooey and chewy and decadent.
Usually I take my time to setup the table for photography, click the pictures, get to my editing table and finish the job. This was one of the rare moments that I couldn’t resist myself into biting into these brownies squares and I “chose joy”. If you bake these yourself, you’ll understand how it felt.
This recipe works for an 8″ square pan and gives 9/16 squares depending on how you cut it.
Nutella Cheesecake Brownies
- 120 g dark chocolate
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 200 g sweetened condensed milk
- 35 g All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 20 g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
Cream Cheese & Nutella Swirl
- 100 g cream cheese – room temperature
- 25 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Prepare an 8″ square pan with parchment paper with little overhanging.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla till properly combined and smooth. Keep aside.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder and keep aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, add the chocolate and butter and melt it over a double boiler (place the bowl over a pan of simmering water – water should not touch the bottom of your bowl).
- Once the chocolate and butter are fully melted and the mixture is hot, remove from heat. Let it sit for about 1 minute. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula till everything is well combined. The mixture will still be lukewarm.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Use the spatula to ease the batter into corners.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the brownie batter into a thin layer. Add small dollops of Nutella across the pan over the cream cheese layer. With a skewer, swirl together the cream cheese mixture and Nutella gently – going top to bottom and then left to right. Do not swirl too much.
- Bake the brownies at 180°C for 30-35 minutes, or until the brownies are set and a cake tester or toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs and not wet dough. Make sure you don’t overcook.
- Remove from oven and let the pan cool for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from the pan using the overhang and let it cool completely before slicing.
- Cut into squares (9 or 16 depending on the size you want). Clean the knife between each cut. If you feel the brownies are crumbling while cutting, put it in the refrigerator for 30 min before cutting.