This recipe for Eggless Strawberry Cake is quick and easy to make and uses real strawberry pulp. Soft, fluffy and moist, they are best served with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.Jump to Recipe
I have this mini-loaf pan that I use for baking my French Financiers (size about 4″x 2″ with 1″ depth). If you’re bored with cupcakes, this is a new way to eat your cake! Size of these eggless strawberry cakes is perfect for you to indulge in a treat without going for the whole cake .
These eggless strawberry cakes (or mini loaf) are overflowing with strawberry flavor. The liquids of this batter are made up of a strawberry puree and milk blend, then some chunks of strawberries are also folded into the batter. I also add a little strawberry essence in my whipped cream to complete the story. You can also add a few drops of pink food coloring to the batter and frosting for a deeper red color.
When strawberries are in season, definitely without any doubt use fresh. Otherwise, frozen strawberries or ready-made strawberry pulp (with 50% fruit and no added sugar) are great alternatives too when you want to make these beauties in off-season. Just let the frozen strawberries thaw and puree 70% of them in your blender and chop up the rest to fold into the batter.
This cake batter has a mix of milk and thick curd/Greek yogurt. The yogurt adds moisture and the milk gives the cake a nice fluffy texture.
This recipe will make two 8″ cakes of 16 mini loaf or 18 cupcakes. You can easily halve the recipe for smaller batches.
If you’re a fan of strawberries, and love them in lemonade, you should definitely try making these strawberry lemonade cheesecakes!
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag me on Instagram @noopurs_kitchen and hastag it #noopurskitchen. I would love to feature you on my feed 🙂
Eggless Strawberry Cake
- 200 g All Purpose Flour
- 150 g Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 120 ml oil
- 120 ml thick curd – or plain Greek Yoghurt
- 160 ml milk
- 40 g strawberry pulp/puree/preserve – you can leave some chunks of strawberries in the puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- few drops strawberry essence – optional for additional aroma
- a drop pink food color – optional
- some chopped strawberries to fold in the batter – optional
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Prepare two 8" round pans or a mini-loaf pan or a cupcake tin with non-stick spray. Put a parchment paper at the bottom if using a round pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, add the thick curd, milk, strawberry pulp and sugar and beat it with a whisk for couple of minutes till well combined.
- Add oil and vanilla and strawberry essence and mix till they get emulsified and you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients in 2 batches till you get a smooth batter without lumps. You can fold in some chopped strawberries at this stage too.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes for a round pan and for 20-25 minutes for mini-loaf pan. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Remove the pan from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before de-moulding the cake. Cool the cake on a wire rack completely before frosting.