Cream Cheese Frosting
This Cream Cheese frosting recipe is simple and quick and perfect for piping. It tastes sweet and creamy and rich yet tangy - all the right boxes!
- 125 g Cream cheese cold (just out of the refrigerator)
- 125 g unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 175 g sifted icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 40 g Milk Powder equivalent to 2 small sachets of Nestle milk powder
In a bowl, beat softened butter till light and pale.
Add sifted icing sugar little at a time and beat till everything is mixed together.
Add milk powder, vanilla essence and mix well.
Add cream cheese and mix until just combined and no lumps remain. Don't overmix. The frosting is ready.
Store unused cream cheese frosting in the fridge for 4-5 days or freeze in an airtight container for 2-3 months.
- Use full-fat block style cream cheese and not cheese spread.
- If you don't have any milk powder, skip it and replace it with more icing sugar.
- Icing sugar should be added in small batches, else they’ll fly off everywhere adding to your cleaning woes 🙂
- Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl each time you add a new ingredient.
- If the frosting is still soft at the end, chill it for 15 minutes before piping.