Cheesy Pizza Bites!
Perfect as a party snack, these are bite-sized pizzas stuffed with whatever fillings you like or have in your pantry – quite versatile that way. Even better, do a cheesy surprise – have a different filling inside each one and let your friends guess the fillings A great conversation starter I would say.
Something comforting about sinking your teeth into chewy cheesy garlicy spicy soft bites
These start with the basic pizza dough (check out the simple quick recipe). Just roll it out, cut 12 squares, put some sauce on with fillings and cheese, seal it into a round and put them all as a pull apart bread in a pan. Brush them with oil and sprinkle some Italian seasoning and bake!
Today in this blog post, I’ve put jalapenos, red paprika and crushed garlic inside the bites along with cheese.
I use half the pizza dough here to make 12 bites. You can use it all to make 24 bites in a bigger pan.
1/2 of pizza dough (recipe here)
4 tbsp of pizza sauce (homemade or store bought)
about 100g of cheese of choice, cut into cubes (I used a blend of mozzarella and cheddar)
8-10 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp of chopped jalapenos
1 tbsp of red paprika
some oil for brushing
Italian Seasoning for sprinkling (I used the Oregano seasoning packets we get from Dominos)
1. Preheat your oven to 220C/425F. Brush a baking dish with a little olive oil and set aside. (I used 8″ round pan for 12 bites)
2. Take the dough on a clean surface dusted with flour and roll it out so that it’s nice and thin (but not too thin).
2. Cut it into 12 pieces – this need to be perfect squares but roughly equal.
3. In the middle of each piece, put some sauce, your fillings (garlic, jalapenos, red paprika), a cube of cheese and seal it shut around the filling. Place them seal side down into your baking dish.
4. Once all pieces are in the dish, brush them all with a little oil and sprinkle the Italian seasonings on top.
5. Bake them for about 20-22 minutes or till they turn golden brown. Serve hot with some additional pizza sauce for dipping.